Connecting your Stripe payment account
'With ClickLMS you are able to charge for individual courses OR you may decide to charge users a membership fee to access a collection of courses and learning content.
However you will only be able to do this once you have connected your Stripe account.
If a Stripe account is not connected then you will be unable to set prices for courses and membership products.
Note: Only the Company Admin has access to this feature.
Connect your Stripe Payment Account
You can connect your Stripe account from the 'Settings' -> 'Payment Account' page on the Admin Dashboard.
Step 1: Set the currency you want to trade in
In the example above we have selected GBP (£).
Step 2: Click 'Connect with Stripe'
Please follow the instructions which consists of a series of steps to:
- Create, connect and activate a new Stripe account.
- Connect an existing Stripe account if you already have a Stripe account. If you already have a stripe account please use the email address associated with your stripe account.
Creating & Activating a new Stripe account
If you enter an email address that is not already associated with a Stripe account then you will be prompted to fill out some basic information about your product, your business, and your own personal relationship to your business. After activating your account, you can immediately start accepting live payments.
The information you'll need to enter includes:
- Setting a password
- Securing your account with a mobile number
- Providing your business address
- Providing your own personal details
- Providing basic information about your business
- Entering the bank account details to receive payouts
- Providing Customer Support Details
- As part of the activation process you will be provided with an emergency backup code which you should store.
Once you have created, connected and activated your account successfully your Stripe status will show as ' Active' on the 'Payment Account' page in the Admin Dashboard.Although you can begin accepting payments within minutes of connecting and activating your Stripe account, please take a look at these steps from Stripe before going live.
Important: Stripe’s “Know Your Customer” (KYC) obligations require that they collect and maintain this information on all Stripe users. These requirements come from their regulators and financial partners, and are intended to prevent abuse of the financial system. Stripe review the information you provide internally to ensure it complies with their services agreement. If they need any further information, Stripe will contact you right away.