Setting up course categories
Categories enable you to group your courses and learning content by sub-sets or themes. For example, these could be:
- Audiences that your training material is targeted at (e.g. job roles)
- Course types you offer (e.g. diploma vs. short courses)
- Course themes or topics
Note: Only the Company Admin has access to this feature.
How to add a Category
In the Admin dashboard navigate to 'Settings' -> 'Subdomain Set-Up' page where you can set up and manage 'Course Categories'.
You can add as many (or few) categories as you like, and you can build this list up over time.
Once a category has been added and enabled you cannot delete it. However you can edit the name and all courses linked to this category will be updated with the edited name.
Within the categories table on the Subdomain Setup page (as shown above) you will be able to keep track of:
- How many courses are linked to each category
- The date the category was enabled
- The status of the category (enabled/disabled)
How to associate a category with a course
Once a Category is enabled on the Subdomain Setup page, the Company Admin and Instructors will be able to select one or more of these categories (if relevant) at the time of creating their course. This allows them to link the course to this Category.
Benefits of Categories
- Learners will be able to search for courses within your catalogue using these category names. For example if they search 'Marketing' in the catalogue, all published courses associated with the 'Marketing' category will be displayed to the learner.
- The categories can add a visual element to your courses in the catalogue to help Learners understand who the course is targeted at and what it covers.